Friday 24 June 2011

Waiting for my bike.

I got unlucky. My bike hasn't been released from customs just yet. The container where my bike was consolidated got X-rayed and US Customs decided to examine it further. Hopefully I will get my bike early next week. Fingers crossed.
Well, if I would do it all over again I think the airfreight option is a better one. More transparent, no shared responsibilities, much less exposure to delays and strikes.
Looking on the bright side I have more time to explore LA. It has been more then 13 years since my last visit to LA. 

View from Corona Del Mar south of LA towards San Diego not visible though. 

Some local action.

More action.

Venice Beach - mixing with locals.

More Venice Beach.

Selling 'local' produce - Venice Beach

Ted, Bozena and I enjoying Mexican food - good practice for me, more ahead.

Even me a fussy eater could manage this.

Newport Beach late afternoon.

6 comments:

  1. Hey its Rob. I couldn't be bothered creating a personal google account so I just used my existing one.

    Your blog looks really good and I hope you're having a great time. I'm still waiting on the email with all those details you were going to send me - luckily I remembered this blog address.

    Is your GPS active yet? Because it appears you have been camping on the side of the highway :-)

    Also, I'm not sure how intelligent the average criminal is, but you have listed every single expensive item you have on this blog together with 24/7 GPS tracking. Could make you an easy target hahaha

    Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you soon. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Criminals I should worry about are poor people and opportunists. It would be very hard for them to track their targets using computers. Most of them, most likely don't have access to computers. Besides, my posts are after the fact and they wouldn't know where and when my next move is.
    I heard the only thing they are interested in is money. They take the money and let you go providing you don't fight back.

    Other type of criminals couldn't care less about the guy riding cheap bike and carying some camping equipment. They probably carry x100 the value of my bike including the equipment in their back pocket.

    Than again - I keep my fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
  3. In America do as Americans do, buy a semi automatic pistol and say 'do you feel lucky punk, well do you?'

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha... I was joking about getting mugged but take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still waiting Robert. I may have some info today.

    ReplyDelete